Would you like to support science and research? Welcome to the SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH (non-profit).
Since its launch in 2004, the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE) has been collecting and analysing socio-economic and biomedical life course data of around 140,000 Europeans aged 50 and over and providing internationally comparable longitudinal microdata for scientific research. The SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH, founded by the Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB), the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin and the German Centre of Gerontology (DZA), aims to provide a permanent home for the central coordination of SHARE and its associated research in Germany.
For an interesting and varied range of tasks in an international scientific working environment, we are looking for the following person to start as soon as possible:
Third-party Funding Administrator (m/f/d)
Part-time or full-time, minimum 25 hours per week, initially until August 2027.
- Providing administrative advice and support to the scientific departments, in particular with regard to application and budget planning, taking into account the guidelines of the respective funding bodies and the framework conditions under tax law.
- Ongoing financial and contractual controlling of projects and advice on the appropriate use of funds, taking into account donor-specific guidelines for the use of funds.
- Reviewing contracts and approvals
- Preparation of calls for proposals and reports on the use of funds
- Liaise with funding agencies
- Preparation of documents and statistics for the annual financial statement as well as for internal and external reporting purposes
- Preparation of project audits and cooperation with auditors
- University degree in business administration or comparable knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of grant and tax law
- Preferably several years of professional experience in the administrative management of third-party funds
- Strong communication skills with very good knowledge of German and English
- Proficiency in MS Office and ideally in accounting software
- Structured and conscientious working style, strong affinity for numbers
- Service orientation, willingness to take responsibility and a high degree of initiative
Our offer to you:
- An exciting and varied job in an international and dynamic scientific working environment
- A cooperative and open working atmosphere with a modern, well-equipped workplace for creative freedom and new ideas
- A work-life balance with attractive flexitime and mobile working arrangements
- Salary and benefits in line with the German public service wage agreement (TVöD Bund)
SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH values diversity. We welcome every qualified application regardless of age, health or physical disability, gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology or sexual orientation. Professional gender equality is guaranteed.
Are you interested?
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents, stating your earliest possible starting date, by e-mail to Ms Sylvia Becker, firstname.lastname@example.org.