SHARE addresses the socio-economic implications of population ageing. The Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE), an interdisciplinary longitudinal study, collects data on the health, economic and social situation of older people in Europe (www.share-eric.eu).
Student assistants (m/f/d)
to support various departments of SHARE – Survey of Health, Ageing und Retirement in Europe (30 – 40 hours / month)
Your tasks will be:
- Active support in the data preparation and research process (review and analysis of SHARE data using the statistical program Stata, review and editing of Excel spreadsheets, documentation of data and national specifics, coordination and logistics of study materials, and communication with SHARE country teams in English).
- Literature research and especially its preparation
- Support in the preparation of presentations, research reports and publications
What do we except from you:
- Independent, reliable, and very accurate work style
- Self-motivation and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of statistical methods and good knowledge of Stata and/or R, SPSS
- Experience in data cleaning and working with large datasets
- Experience in working with a CMS (Typo3, Drupal) would be an asset
- Long-term interest in complex data and empirical research
- Interest in scientific communication
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Strong proficiency in English required, good knowledge of German desirable, knowledge of other languages welcome
What can we offer you?
- Salary according to Stud III
- Direct involvement in the work on an international research project
- Expand and deepen your knowledge in the use of the statistical software Stata
- Flexibility in balancing studies and student work
- Work in a friendly and open-minded team
The SHARE BERLIN Institute is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented. We explicitly encourage women, individuals with disabilities and individuals from ethnic and cultural minority backgrounds to apply. If you are interested, please send your application (short cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) as a pdf-file via email to: Tessa Virginia Hannemann (firstname.lastname@example.org) and email@example.com.