Do you want to support science and research? Welcome to SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH (non-profit).
The Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE) is a panel study established in 2004 that collects socio-economic and biomedical life course data from people aged 50 and over (approx.140,000 to date) in almost 30 countries. It provides internationally comparable longitudinal microdata for scientific research and policy advice. As Europe's largest social science panel study and one of the major European research infrastructures in the field of social sciences, SHARE also has the legal form of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) since 2011.
The SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH (SBI) is the headquarter of the central coordination of SHARE and related scientific research. The SBI was founded in 2022 by the Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB), the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin and the German Centre of Gerontology (DZA). The SBI and SHARE-ERIC work closely together concerning to all questions of implementation and scientific advancement of the research infrastructure.
For an interesting and versatile position in an international scientific working environment, the SBI is looking for a
Student Assistant (f/m/d)
to support the maintenance of our publication database (30-40h/month)
Your area of responsibility:
- Publication research
- Independent maintenance of the SHARE Publication database.
- Supporting the communication of research results with accompanying PR activities, such as publishing on the website and on social media.
- Participation in tasks on the PR team, e. g. creating newsletters and press monitoring.
- Reliable with an independent and detailed approach to work
- Interested in social sciences and knowledgeable in scientific methods
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Practical experience with Stata, Mailchimp, CleverReach, Typo3 and Adobe Creative Cloud preferable and very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Current residence in Germany and enrolment in a German University is mandatory
Our offer for you:
- Profound insight into the communication activities of politically and societally relevant research results
- Opportunity to broaden your (social) scientific horizon
- Flexible working hours and excellent compatibility with your study schedule
- A dynamic team
- Salary according to TV-Stud III
The SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH is committed to diversity. We welcome all qualified applications regardless of age, health and physical disability, gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy, or sexual orientation. Gender equality is guaranteed.
Are you interested?
Please send your comprehensive application (German or English) including a cover letter explaining your interests and qualification for the position, stating your earliest possible starting date, an informative curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates and references by email in one single pdf-document to Jessica Rother, firstname.lastname@example.org by 15. October 2023.