Do you feel like supporting science and research? Welcome to SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH (non-profit).
The Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE) is a panel study established in 2004 that collects socio-economic and biomedical life course data from people aged 50 and over (approx.140,000 to date) in almost 30 countries. It provides internationally comparable longitudinal microdata for scientific research and policy advice. As Europe's largest social science panel study and one of the major European research infrastructures in the field of social sciences, SHARE also has the legal form of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) since 2011.
The SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH (SBI) is the seat of the central coordination of SHARE and related scientific research. The SBI was founded in 2022 by the Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB), the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin), the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin and the German Centre of Gerontology (DZA). The SBI and SHARE-ERIC work closely together on all questions of implementation and scientific advancement of the research infrastructure.
For an interesting and manifold position in an international scientific working environment, we are looking for the next possible date for a
Officer Public & European Relations (m/f/d)
Part-time or full-time, minimum 25 hours per week, initially limited until December 2024
Your area of responisibility:
- Communicating scientific content to different target groups
- Editing and support of various websites incl. website monitoring
- Social media management as well as conception, creation and dispatch of various newsletters
- Conception and editing of print materials such as brochures and flyers
- Preparation and dispatch of press releases, arrangement of interview requests
- Press monitoring and preparation in the form of press reviews
- Conception and organization of political events
- Coordination and support of the PR measures of the country teams
- Maintaining relations with political decision-makers, especially the European Commission
- Research, documentation and processing of SHARE's policy impact
- Conception, preparation and mailing of the activity report
- Participation in the ERIC Forum, the association of all European Research Infrastructure Consortia for the common representation of interests.
- Completed university studies (M.A. or comparable) with a focus on political/social sciences, communication and/or media sciences, journalism or a comparable course of study
- Practical experience in press and public relations work
- Knowledge of European (research) policy
- Ability to quickly grasp complex issues, process and present them in a comprehensible way for the general public
- Excellent grasp of language as well as oral and written expression skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- Confident use of MS Office programs, experience in common CMS, ideally Adobe Creative Suite
- A high degree of social competence and team skills, personal responsibility, commitment, organizational talent and communication skills
What we offer:
- An exciting and manifold job in an international and dynamic scientific working environment
- A cooperative and open working atmosphere encouraging creative freedom and new ideas
- Workplace with modern equipment in the centre of Berlin
- Attractive flexible and mobile working arrangements to balance work and family life
- Remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage agreement for the civil service (TVöD Bund, if the prerequisites are met, up to level E13).
The SHARE BERLIN Institute GmbH is committed to diversity. We welcome all qualified applications regardless of age, health and physical disability, gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy or sexual orientation. Gender equality is guaranteed.
How to apply?
Please send your comprehensive application including a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualification for the position, stating your earliest possible starting date, an informative curriculum vitae and all relevant certificates and references by email and in one single pdf-document to Sylvia Becker, email@example.com.